Thursday, May 25, 2006

The right turn

I went out last night, just so I could refocus my mind. Tomorrow will be the last examination for our summer classes, and I had a hard time concentrating on the scientific names of parasites. I decided to go back to where I used to study during my college days... in the South Conservatory, to get some inspiration. It was getting pretty late but it's fine with me. I always feel safe when I'm inside my former school, and besides my house is just 10 LRT stations away, I could be home in 30minutes.



Since there were some students lingering in the conservatory, either studying or chatting quietly with their friends, I can't help but reminisce those good old days. I remember myself and my thesis groupmates discussing our theory regarding the grass roots organization in Ireland, or that when I sat there either studying or just day dreaming, and realizing that I really had fun back in College.



I can't help but compare my situation now. A question curiously popped in my mind, "Am I doing this right?"... My batchmates are either abroad doing the job they've studied or those who stayed here but shifted to another field. Nevertheless, they are still working, while I am here studying again. I am retraining myself for a different field, hoping that someday I will gain more experience and more opportunity to improve myself.



Thankfully this article provided the answer to my question. It's a bit long, so I won't post it here nor restate it for fear of losing its essence. ^___^ But it really made me feel better, knowing that I'm not alone in my struggle. Try reading it! ^__^

No comments: