Thursday, July 31, 2008

Drive

After years of being persuaded by Ham.. finally i gave in.. I decided to learn how to drive. And I must admit it's pretty cool and interesting!

Ham enrolled me for a 10-hour-course, 2 hours per day. On my 1st day, I drove Vios 2008. I drove around MalacaƱang, getting the feel of the clutch, brake, gas, 1st gear and 2nd gear. On the 2nd and 3rd day however, I drove a Nissan Sentra. It's very different compared to Vios, the clutch is deeper, I don't like it that much. But during those times, I learned to drive from Tayuman till Macapagal, passing thru UST, Quiapo, Macapagal, Pandacan, until Pedro Gil under the heavy downpour of rain. I had to restart a number of times since I can't control clutch and gas that much especially when there's slow traffic and I'm in the intersection.

On my 4th day (today), still with a heavy downpour of rain and flooded streets, I drove Vios 2006 which is really good and just right for my driving skills (novice,hehe), shallow clutch and easier to push with gas. So even if the weather wasn't really good, I had fun driving it. I was able to park it at a gas station's toilet and to relieve (#1), but of course with my instructor's directions.

I have 2 more hours left to practice driving, I hope I'll be able to practice more of parking and the weather will be good on that last day. I just wonder whether Ham will let my drive his car,haha!

Oh and btw, thanks also to boyokoy for helping me renew my driver's license. ^__^

No comments: