Monday, May 23, 2005

Happy ending

I’m quite distracted right now. My younger cousins are here playing at 1030 in the evening and my mom’s talking on the phone with certain seriousness and concerned voice on a certain matter. I don’t really intend to eavesdrop but I think the problem is about womanizing.

Anyways, it’s a good intro to what I was feeling last night. I was in Baywalk with two of my best girlfriends, Ai and Mai, for dinner. Ai and I had a little chitchat about her adventure in Sagada as we walked along, took pictures of the bay, and dined before she went back to her dorm to get ready for office. Mai and I continued the dinner and just spend the night talking on a more quiet place on the bay.

We talked of mostly our love lives, the problems we encountered in the past and the lessons we learned from it, and the future we see ourselves in. Another topic was addressed and it’s about my Dad. I haven’t seen him for nearly 13 years but we have constant communication thru phone.

A hypothetical question was raised. “Paano kung may kapatid ka pala sa labas?” Mai asked. “Papapasukin ko” I said. It’s a joke, of course we’ll accept them as our siblings, kung meron nga. Mom, Kim, and I already talked about that possibility. Kim and I were ok about that. Dad is a good father and a good provider. But that night, there was a tinged of ache as I think more deeply of that possibility.

I stayed overnight at Mai’s place. We didn’t sleep until the wee hours. We watched “The little black book” on DVD. Though I got more suspicious about men and their past I got to understand the importance to have open communications with your partner and to still give privacy to each other. I think about my boyfriend. I was a trifle wary for signs of that demeanor but I have faith in him.

I believe what my Dad told us and I would try to understand if the hypothetical question comes to life. Things might happen beyond our control, despite the plans we already instilled on our mind. Sometimes we just have to go on with the flow and believe that the next scene in our life is the one meant for us. And believe… believe in happy ending.

No comments: