Sunday, November 06, 2005

Mulan

I didn’t grow up wanting to become like one of the Disney princesses with their prince charming saving them from the wicked witch. I remember saying that Belle of Beauty and the Beast is my favorite when I was in high school, just for the sake of having a “favorite”.

That actually changed when Mulan was showed sometime in my College days. I would watch it over and over again but still laughs with every comic statement that the lead characters would say.

Indeed, Mulan is my true favorite among the Disney characters probably, because I can relate to the character and actually day dreaming of wanting to become her. Firstly, she’s Asian. Her appearance and her culture is trifle close to mine. Secondly, she’s doing some karate moves, and I just love it. Thirdly, she’s determined to do what she must do as dictated by her heart. She’s brave, she’s smart, and she kick some ass.

Last night, it was my first time to watch Mulan II, though I know that it was circulated eons ago. Mulan II is about settling Mulan and Shang’s differences, compromising, and proving that their love for each other is strong despite and in spite of problems. Their 3 friends were also there (Chien-Po, Ling, and the short one which I forgot the name) paired with the 3 princesses; Mushu, and the cricket.

It’s mostly about love, of friendship, and of doing what your heart really wants. It’s really a good movie, and I would really want to watch it again.

No comments: