Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A special day

It’s supposed to be an ordinary day, but nay, yesterday has become one of my not-so-ordinary day. There were no party, no thick crowd, and no booze to drink (well, except for papa’s nightly supply). It was simple yet I was able to celebrate it graciously and productively.

Days before I turned 22, a lot of people were already greeting me, through text or in YM. I was awake when the clock stroked midnight, and I wasn’t really expecting people to be awake and greet me. But thankfully a handful of people did. Kim whom I just finished dressing his wound at 12 greeted me instantly. But the first one who greeted me in text was Cathie_ganda, she’s a friend of a friend whom I met during their gig in their Church. The second was Sir Cesar, my sensei, and who was also celebrating his birthday the same time with me. The third one is Ham, who waited for the midnight (3am his time), and messaged me despite our 3-hour-time difference.

The rest of my friends followed. Usually I wouldn’t erase immediately my friends’ greetings, but with my phone’s limited capacity to store messages I was forced to delete it right after I thanked them.

To all my friends who greeted me, especially those I rarely see: thank you for your greetings.

I also have this childlike heart, and I really appreciated all the gifts I received. Geri Beri, my cousin dear was the first one who gave me a gift. I was really touched by that gesture. She gave me a memo pad with a cute green case, a keychain, and a post-it note wishing me well for my birthday. Mommy and Papa gave me money (yippee!), which I instantly spent when I had a check up yesterday morning (but not all of it). Ate Mi accompanied me when I visited the doctor and it’s a gift for me too. We had Double Dutch ice cream bought by Mom. Ate Jeneth gave me a Black forest cake. Mai visited me on my birthday and let me eat her choco corn flakes. And I received my popular look-alike stuffed toy--- sponge bob! Thanks Jebs!

We had a class yesterday, but fortunately I was able to wake up in time to attend the Mass and thank God. God is so good and He gave me so many blessings even if I’m not worthy to receive it. I’ve got a great family and loving friends. I’m so glad that He created me this way, my physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional side. I’m so glad He showed me love and made me capable to give back love to others. I’m so blessed and I thank God for it.

No comments: