Sunday, January 27, 2008

Commitment

ISL or Intermediate Sign Language class already started yesterday. Too bad I didn't enroll. Ate Mimi enrolled though, and was very excited on the first day. She even started using SL again during Mass whenever she's not playing the Organ. And since I'm the only one she can communicate with it, I had no choice but to decipher the signs again. I had a hard time remembering it, nakakainis tlaga. I really need to practice it consistently if I really want to be good in it.

I realized that wanting to learn SL is different from committing yourself in the Ministry. Commitment means investing time and effort. It's not solely for yourself but for those who would benefit after you were able to learn it.

It started though with the desire. I had that when I started with the BSL. But alas, right now, I committed myself to other important things. And I think these things demand more time and prioritization.

I'm not a Superwoman or even Darna. I can't do it all. I need to focus more on these things first... But I will come back and commit myself again to the ministry.

No comments: