Sunday, June 22, 2008

My mom's bday

Yesterday was my mom's birthday... Happy Birthday Mommy! I believe she had a blast on her 49th bday. On the eve of her bday, me, mom, her friends tita M, and P went to Greenbelt 3 and had dinner. Initially, I planned to have dinner at the Krocodile Grille since I was the one appointed to choose and organize it. But when we got there at 8pm we're on the 6th of the waiting list. So since our tummy's were complaining I had to come up with the next plan.

It's been a long while since I went to Greenbelt and checked on the new restos and bar. As we went down the escalator, I noticed that the Tavern bar where we watched MYMP with my friends including boyokoy, 3 years ago, was already closed and in its place a new restobar was opened. It's now called Tropezz Restaurant Bar. I decided to try that one, and since they all agreed, it was settled then. There was a Live Band which was a plus for me, the interior is good, the food is good (I like the blue marlin and their calamares), and they have a VIP room enclosed by a sliding glass door, where it' more lighted, and more quiet compared to the usual non-smoking area-- well suited for my 40ish mom and friends.

Yesterday though, mom treated me and my female younger cousins to a movie. We watched Kung Fu Panda while she was shopping. The movie was so hilarious that I cried for laughing out so much. Afterwards, we just had a small party for them. "Them" because my mom's eldest sibling was also celebrating his bday.

My mom, is not just an ordinary mom. She raised me and my brother well single-handedly. She's our sweetest alarm clock, my closest friend, my 1st teacher, our clown, our dancer, my mother. More than anything else, I want her happiness. Wherever and whoever it will be... I just want her to be happy.

No comments: