Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I am not an Accident

Two years ago I've purchased a book called The Purpose Driven Life. I know it's a good book so I gave it to friends as well without fully reading it myself.
Last month, a friend of mine who was having a birthday gave me and another friend this book, plastic covered and in bigger version than my old one. The fact that it was given to me (with a dedication), I felt obligated to read and fully appreciate the gift. Thank God, I didn't made a mistake.
I have a lot of issues with myself. People who are close to me knows and could see the real me. I am insecure with my physical and intellectual capacity. I don't like my 5'2" height. I don't like my square chubby face. I don't like not being able to be on top of the class. I don't like not having much money to level up with the family of my beau.
I know that some of those are lame. The first two, I cannot do anything about but the last two may change and I am hopeful. Then, I read the day 2 of the Purpose Driven Life, and it talks about God creating me like this. Here's a poem by Russell Kelfer to give u an insight of the chapter:

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones He chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you'd grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!
I know it wouldn't be long, until I fully appreciate Kae who's completely and uniquely created by God. ^__^

1 comment:

boy okoy said...

Now we're talking some sense here... :) One star for Kae. Huhah! ;D