Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ninong's Birthday

I said I don't want to move and to leave the house, but it's Ninong's (my godfather and uncle at the same time) bday, my Mom's younger brother. We were told to go there before 6pm for the Mass. My Mom being so makulit told me to get my butt of the chair, stop reading HP5, and dress myself up for the night, which I did after a lot of persuading.

Being the Head priest in one of the biggest and oldest Church in the district, the celebration was quite big, with the other priests co-celebrating the Mass with him, a grand march to the altar with the Knight of Columbus in their majestic uniforms, and with politicians and actors for guests.

It was heartwarming to see his parishioners celebrate and wish him long and blessed life. They had prepared a program for him which on first part, we, his family went to the stage, and other old ladies who were praying for him. His fellow priests in the Church performed twice which I wasn't able to watch only the last one. The Parish groups prepared too. Some of them danced, some sang, some had this gloved hand with blue light performance, and some had acted on a drama.

There were of course overflowing of food, and guests from his former parishes. I stayed at Papa's room most of the time, though, to rest my aching feet due to my high-heeled sandals and to watch TV too.



I visited the covered court again (were the program was being held), to check other performers and had this pic of ours before we went home. He's really my favorite uncle!

No comments: