Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Relearning

I had to wake up early at six in the morning, just to make a decision-- to transfer or not. The schedule and sectioning for the summer classes was posted yesterday, as it turned out, only 3 of us among our group of friends who got the Thursday to Saturday class. I felt bad about it and I got scared like a school girl on her first day in school. My friend told me that I could transfer in their section if I could present to the registrar a reasonable excuse to shift my sched, which I could provide since I do have a job.

Then this morning, still feeling sore from the work out the other day, and too sleepy to go out that morning, had to reconsider my reasons for transferring.

I thought of all the things I might miss because I was separated from my friends. The one hour lunch break that we could get to talk and share jokes, the group works, the complaints, and the sabay-sabay na uwi and my music video project. That’s the honest reason that urged me to transfer.

As for the one I conjured, it would be the unknown prowess of my would-be CIs and the crazy workload that might be assigned to us. In addition to the list, I have two appointments for Thursdays which was too minor if you would consider it.

Anyway, the loneliness I felt reminded me of the time before my graduation in College. Dad asked me how I was feeling before my big event and I plaintively said I’m sad. I graduated ahead of my friends and that made me blue and lonesome not being with them during the ceremony. Dad got angry with me because of that. He said that I should learn and be used to being alone. From then on, it became a challenge to me. I tried being brave. From going to the mall, applying for jobs, studying for MA, or going to Bora alone!

Funny how a simple arrangement like this could tick my nerves. I guess I just have to relearn how to do it again.

No comments: