Monday, June 05, 2006

Chess at Lucena

I accepted the invitation of my bestfriend in college, ai, to accompany her in Lucena, Quezon for the Open Chess Tournament. It was the only time I got to see her play, and she's good ha, eventhough she just came from her 11-5 shift. She only got to sleep during the bus ride since the tournament started at 11.

I am not a chess player so eventhough I was there, I can't analize her chess moves. During the middle part of every game she had (total of 7 rounds), I would be strolling the mall, or playing hoops and race car at Quantum and Worlds of Fun. One time, I scored 67 pts that's why I had the bonus round. The bonus round was bad, I only got 24 pts since my right arm cramped.And there was the time when Ai finished early, in-between the rounds, so we had a time to sing at the Videoke booth.

They all won in the tournament, and Ai bagged the Top Lady Performer Award. They all got money as a price. They decided to celebrate it in Nawawalang Paraiso Resort. We spent the next day attending the mass, buying ingredients for our meal and for some pasalubong, cooking the food, swimming, and playing billiards.

(L-R) Collin, Kuya J?, Aileen, and Coach

We stayed at Coach Randy's house with his parents for two nights. We were thankful that they warmly welcomed us and we had lots of food to eat since collin (other chess player) cooked so well. There's also this one guy which I forgot the name but he also played in the tournament, he assigned himself to be the dishwasher for that trip. Cool, I didn't do anything. ^___^

Ok.. 44% now..

No comments: