Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rose in a box


For Valentine's day, I didn't participate much with the usual mass sending of txt messages greeting friends of Happy VDay! I didn't even prepare something for Hamkin. That's why I was so touched when Hamkin even gave me another surprise today!

After bathing, I was informed that I received a package. I was surprised for I know that Hamkin wouldn't give me another present for this day. When I opened it, it was a disheveled box with a single long stemmed rose in it. Honestly, I was nonchalant, for I thought it was from my anonymous sender of bouquet again. Good thing my tita said there's still a card inside the packaging. Imagine my face lighting up as I opened it and saw that it's from Ham.
I was so touched that I called him right away, only to be greeted by his recorded "leave me a message" voice mail. But then he called back and I even cried because he's sooo sweet and thoughtful for ever thinking of that. I feel so blessed for having him as a boyfriend. He's not the usual bf who would please you just to get something from you. He knows what's important, he knows what to prioritize, he gives me direction, and he's my inspiration. I know that I've grown as a person and one of the reasons is him.

We had online date when he got home. We shared a dessert together. He bought krispy kreme honey glazed donut and I bought dunkin donuts' promo donut and choco butternut. It was nice. A really nice date to spend Vday together. We may be miles away from each other but I know that our hearts are beating for each other. I love you Ham!

No comments: