Monday, April 04, 2005

Goodbye Pope and Thank you...

A lot of people cried for the demise of Pope John Paul II yesterday, April 3. He had touched not only the hearts of the Christians, but the non-Christians as well. He influenced the people spiritually and politically too.

Live broadcasts has been done since the decline of Pope’s health, 3 days ago. People gathered at the St. Peter’s Square to pray and held a vigil. It might appear bizarre to those outside our religion, but this man with a pure heart, made a change in our lives.

I was in Grade 5 when I knew him. He was here for the World Youth Day. I don’t know why I didn’t attend that event. Fortunately, my Mom brought me at Papal Nunciature where he was staying and waited for him to come outside of his balcony. When he went to see all those who gathered in front of the place, it was then that I first saw the Pope. I first noticed how angelic his face was, and very good looking for his age. I made a paper about him and enjoyed reading about his life.

I have a high regard for his enthusiasm in holding big gatherings even at the onset of his sickness, walking hunched and very slowly with a tremor in his hands and voice; combating his earthly pains and being brave and hopeful as his health gradually failed.

Thank you Pope John Paul II, for being a good example to us. I know that you are now in a better place with God, our Father. We pray that your successor will also inhibit the qualities that you have in uniting us, and being strong in the face of tribulations.
==========================================
Exactly the same day, was my boyfriend’s birthday. He was also sad about the Pope, and it even happened on his birthday. But as what he said, I should be happy that the Pope is now with God.

On Ham’s birthday, we celebrated it together thru chat and web cam. I am glad that he liked the gift I shipped on him. He went out Friday night with his friends and spent Saturday night chatting with me while we waited for his birthday. I bought a mini cake yesterday, and ate it on behalf of him…:yummy:
==================================

Ai and I met the other day at school. She was writing her term paper about Krystala. Weird topic but sensible, I admit. She is currently studying MA in Communication Arts and that paper was for her Media-something-subject. It was tough reading her sources for it was in deep Tagalog. She spent the night at home which was good since I really missed my bestfriend in College. It was exactly a year ago when we started to become adventurous and went to Puerto Galera. Oh, a lot of adventures followed.

No comments: