Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hospital day

I started my day at the hospital. I accompanied Papa (my lolo) on his first operation ever. We were the first one to arrive at 630am. Though it took us 3 hours waiting for the doctor, only 10 minutes were spent at the operating room to replace a lens. My mom, ate mi, and joy were also there to boost papa's confidence on that operation. Thank God, everything went well.
From UST, we went back to the convent and dropped off Papa. Ate Mi and I went to Chinese Gen, along with her officemtes, this time to visit the son(Francis) of Kuya vic. Francis got an operation too, but only to fix the fracture he got while playing.
When we were in UST, I witness how the hospital staff deliver a cadaver at the Morgue. Just like in movies, it was covered with white cloth, and the staff rolled it in a rush so as not to attract a lot of people and spook them.
On our way to Chinese Gen, we witnessed a girl got hit by a motorbike and got stucked under the bike with 2 guys riding on it. It shocked as all, went quiet, and just watched the seminarian bro. rowell drive.
We parked our car in front of the hospital. We took the foot bridge which was fully covered in crossing the street. As we were walking, Ate Mi who's third eye was partially open got goosebumps. Upon seeing her reaction, I got spooked as well, for I know her ability in sensing things we don't normally see. We later on found out that the bridge was originally built to transfer cadavers from the hospital going to the parking lot which was originally a place for cremating. Spooky.
Anyway, my day doesn't end there, for I was really pissed off by what I was called by my supposedly fave tita. Joking or not, it really hurt me, and I cried. I already cried yesterday, when I had an argument with Ham. But it was settled immediately before we log off. I was surprised when he called me, but happy as well. So then, I decided to call him up to lighten up my mood. Just as i thought, his voice erased all the sadness that i felt...:)

No comments: