Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dinner date

Last Friday was our last meeting before our final exam. Only a handful of students were present to compute for their grades including us. Mostly, those were the students who are “grade conscious” so to speak…. Or like us, who were planning to have a gimmick afterwards.

I brought my digicam for a class picture. Most of my classmates were shy when I told them to look at the cam except my “bibo” friends who enjoy posing for the camera. After a while, with Daddy Yo’s encouragement they gladly smiled on cam.

We were dismissed early, and since we would be meeting Liezl after her 7pm class, we decided to go first at San Lazaro to eat. It was my first time to eat the Greenwich Special Pizza since I always order pasta whenever I frequent the place. The pizza was ok. But our snack was cut short when we were informed that the office will be closed on Saturday. Since I still don’t have my permit (%$#@&*) for our exam even if I paid full during our enrollment, I have to wait in line and present my receipt in order to get that permit. Hmmp! I didn’t had my receipt then so Jebs drove us to my place and hurriedly snatched my receipt from my folder. Luckily we reached the school before the closing time.

We still have ample time to spend before meeting Liezl. We decided to stay at Jollibee, order nothing and just review for our Lecture exam. Em, Melai, Xandy, Jebs, and I discussed the answers in our questionnaire on our Unit exam and asked each other questions we could think of regarding the subject.

Once there, at Liezl’s place, we played with Tyrone (her son), I took his pictures mostly, while his mom got dressed. We drove straight to Don Henrico’s in Tomas Morato ordered buffalo wings, baked ziti (did I spell it right?) in red and white sauce, and pizza in bacon cheeseburger flavor and the other one which I don’t know. The food was rich in flavor and I got satiated easily. Liezl haven’t forgot our weaknesses and so she brought her big Toblerone bar and shared it to us.

The rain was pouring hard and our Cinderella (Em) friend must be in her doorsteps at 10pm. The traffic was jammed and we reached her place at 11pm. The night wasn’t done yet for us so we stopped at CafĂ© Briton in Greenbelt and ordered crepe for dessert. We talked about our life in general and whether Liezl would go back to Metro or not. At the end, we were the ones who were convinced to transfer to other school for a better quality of education. It’s still the thought that’s gnawing my mind up until now.

Over all, that dinner with my friends was terrific. Now, we need to prepare for our final exam this week. *grin*

No comments: