Sunday, October 02, 2005

Icky day

Shhh.. I have something to tell you. I didn’t bathe this morning when I went to my grandparent’s house. Did I tell you that the water system in our area has a mood? Oh yes, so if we wake up late in the morning, like 10am, we’ll bathe in slightly murky and smelly water. Kadiri noh? Anyway, that’s what happened this morning. I didn’t want to bathe in water like that, and since I bathed last night, I thought I wouldn’t smell that bad naman.

The day was hot and sticky. We arrived in Cainta at lunch time amidst the blazing sun. We ate, talked with our lolo and lola, and had a siesta before going home. I only had a time to change my sweat drenched white shirt with fresh new white shirt before we went to the Church to attend the Mass. It’s St. Therese’s feast day so we chose to attend Mass there.

I was conscious and a bit guarded as to how I smell whenever they would go near me. I felt sticky and filthy. During the Mass, I realized that not only my physical body hasn’t bathed yet, but my soul as well. I feel sticky, smelly, and filthy inside. It’s been a while since I last had my confession and communion. I feel bad about it. I pray that this “spiritual gap” I am experiencing would be over soon.

No comments: