Thursday, October 27, 2005

In sickness and in health

My lolo was confined in Medical City for 2 weeks, and half of it was spent at ICU. During those times, we could only see him from 0900-1100 and 1700-1900. One day, I arrived at ICU-C3 with lola talking to my dear lolo while holding his hand. My lola who started being makulit and makakalimutin 4 months ago, was diagnosed with mild Alzheimer’s disease. She knows that lolo was in the hospital because he’s sick, but “fortunately” with her condition, she doesn’t know how serious it is. Everyday, she would dress up and wait for my tita to accompany her to the hospital, would bring clothes with her thinking she’ll be staying with lolo. My lolo can’t speak due to the respirator inserted in his throat, and would only scribble on a notebook what he wants to say. As I arrived, he wrote something about bringing my lola home, therefore taking care of her, for he knows that if we let her out of our sight, we might spend the rest of the day looking for her.
-------------------------------------

Btw, we transferred him to the hospital along Taft. I rode the ambulance. Though not a good time (when is it a good time anyway?) I still felt excited with the thought of riding one.
----------------------------

Oh, and I lost my glasses… again.

No comments: