Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lessons learned

1. Presence of mind

I was running late for the Karate practice (as usual). I rode the LRT and luckily it was almost empty. I could choose where I want to sit. I chose the one near the door. People poured in as we moved to the next station, and almost easily, the train was full. I was listening to my Ipod and singing with Juris of MYMP (on my mind) and getting comfortable in my sit. Juris sang Especially for you, and since it was my LSS or Last song syndrome, I keep on singing (again on my mind).

Especially for you

Especially for you
I wanna let you know what I was going through
All the time we were apart I thought of you
You were in my heart
My love never changed
I still feel the same

Especially for you
I wanna tell you I was feeling that way too
And If dreams were wings, you know
I would have flown to you
To be where you are
No matter how far
And now that I'm next to you

No more dreaming about tomorrow
Forget the loneliness and the sorrow
I've got to say
It's all because of you

And now we're back together, together
I wanna show you my heart is oh so true
And all the love I have is
Especially for you

Especially for you
I wanna tell you, you mean all the world to me
How I'm certain that our love was meant to be
You changed my life
You showed me the way
And now that I'm next to you

During this part, the train stop. I looked at the sign, and to my astonishment it's already UN station! I had the great urge to push all the people in front of me and get off the train before the door would close. But that would take consume most of my energy since I've got a big bag for my kimono versus thick crowd. To my resignation, I continued listening to the song.

I've waited long enough to find you
I wanna put all the hurt behind you
And I wanna bring out all the love inside you, oh and
Now we're back together, together
I wanna show you my heart is oh so true
And all the love I have is
Especially for you

You were in my heart
My love never changed
And now that I'm next to you
No more dreaming about tomorrow
Forget the loneliness and the sorrow
I've got to say
It's all because of you

I got off the next station, Pedro Gil, and took the jeepney back to UN. Luckily, I wasn't late for the practice.




2. Practice makes perfect whatever...

I was the last one to arrive at the dojo, not late, but they were about to start on the drills. Anyway I joined in the exercises, and was really glad of the different techniques we used to stretch the different muscles. Ready for the Karate, we moved on to our kihon and kata. I really suck on this part. My instructor told me that all of what I did was wrong, turning my face red. I haven't practiced for a long while and it sure shows with my movement *blush*. I am purple 5 for more than a year now, and the instructor asked when will I move on to the next level. Since the next exam would be on August and September, I have to be really prepared since there will be a prerequisite for that exam. I need to participate on the August tournament *shivers*. I dreaded tournaments, and now that Ai, my Karate partner, wouldn't be able to practice Karate because of her schedule, I dreaded tournaments all the more *sigh*.

I still have a month to practice and prepare and it's up to me on how I am going to prepare for the event. Karate in Unilever is only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, perfect for my schedule in school. But that practice isn't enough for me to regain my usual agility for a kumite (spar). I need to do extra practices, probably jogging for stamina, and techniques for smoother execution in kumite. One month... help! If ever somebody's reading this... wanna practice too? *pathetic*

3 comments:

boy okoy said...

Wanna train your stamina on chewing food? ;D

kakae said...

do i still need that? think again...^___^

boy okoy said...

Hmm...try something different. Wanna test your patience by staying at home more often? ;P