Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Forget me not

I was reading Ham’s reply to Dad’s email when I noticed that my name in his address book only consists of my name until the middle name but not the surname. I then asked him while chatting what’s my full name and replied “Marie Kae, ryt?”. I was so disappointed that I immediately closed my YM.

I was still thinking about that even before I sleep, but since I do not want any unsettled matters before sleeping, I texted him my full name and assured him that I would keep on reminding him about that until it sticks on his mind.

I knew that he’s quite forgetful with details like that even when we were in College. Back in 2002, nearing the date of my birthday, I reminded him quite charmingly about the debut I had (our first long conversation as friends in the suite) last year. Since he was at my party, I was expecting that he would say “Oh yes, you’re birthday will be on the __th day, right?” But no, he said a completely different birth date. I thought he was really joking, so I put on a sad face, hoping he would confess that he was just joking. Unfortunately, he really had that straight and confused look telling me he was telling the truth.

This afternoon, as the class is coming to an end, I received a text from him. On his first sentence, he typed my complete full name. My face lighted up. Moving on the second sentence, he was telling that my birthday is on the 15th of November *Grrr…* Wrong again! Hmmp! After being together for almost 3 years, that’s still his answer? *Grrr…*

Ate Mi told me that his husband (Kuya Greg) has the same problem. At first, she also cried when Kuya Greg forgot their anniversary and forgot her full name while filling up a form. According to her, she was upset that time, but later on got used to it.

I know it doesn’t mean that Ham loves me less. It can’t be measured like that, but still...