Friday, September 23, 2005

Geri yan!

I was amazed by how much Geri, my cousin, has grown, physically and intellectually. Everytime I look at her, I can’t help but be amazed as to how much she has changed from the “Geri-tutong days”, a young chubby girl with short hair and scaly scalp to a petite and fashionable girl.

She’s now 9 years old but she already knows now how to mismatch clothes. She knows what hairstyles that would look good on her or how to project her assets while picture taking.

Aside from that “ka-kikayan”, she has grown more intelligent through the years. She likes horror movies, and loves frightening her playmates with her stories. She likes to portray as Sadako, hairs falling down on her face or the woman in “The Grudge”, with elbows flexed and pointing outward. That, I guess, is the culprit for her wild imagination.

She has been writing stories since she was grade 1, I think. And just after dinner, she showed me her collection of English stories. The first one was a bit disorganized, wrong grammar and no punctuations, but the thought was there. As I browsed on the near end of the pile, I read this particular story written in a writing pad entitled “Best friends”. It was a short story about a dying boy, who has promised to his best friend that he will never ever leave her. The boy died, and amidst the girl’s crying saw her best friend in heaven with God reminding her that he’ll always be with her forever. Nice and deep story for a 9-year-old, noh?

I’m very proud of her, and I believe that she will be very successful in life.^___^

No comments: